“Errare humanum est” or how Einstein became Frankenstein

“Errare humanum est”

Teacher: Please read an article about Einstein.
Student: Oh, I know! I know! I have seen him in Van Helsing.
Teacher: I can’t say you are right. Dr. Frankenstein is a fictional character. Einstein is a scientist.
Student: Oh, right. The one with a tongue out in the poster.

See? No matter how much you do in your life for the society, there is likely to be someone who remembers you thanks to commercial things which are not always really clever. I am not much surprised if Che Guevara is probably recognized as a guy from some T-shirt or bag which lucky tourist brings from some trip, even though Che was a revolutionist, diplomat, military theorist etc.

Audrey Hepburn’s image representing a gorgeous lady with a cigarette is met everywhere from cell phone covers to enormous bags. Is it really right to remember the great actress, humanitarian, only as a pretty woman on your dress?

Art, pencil craft
The more you read, the more you learn. However, it depends on what exactly you read and learn. It seems that nowadays social networks with plentiful cheerful, sad or pseudo-philosophic posts have been educating all generations more successfully than any good book or a classical educational system. “That feeling when…”
Does Einstein really deserve such a picture and the sign?

All in all, I do not have an intention to grumble. I just want to say that low educational level can be always raised up. Education is not only your diploma, it’s your mind, eagerness to know more and read between the lines. And for God’s sake, never mix Einstein up with Frankenstein!

Thank you! 

Comments

  1. I agree with you ! And I promise I'll never mix those two up :)
    Greetings,
    Guy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Right Meeting in Time

Sherlock Holmes, a famous detective

Deutsch lernen: in der Autowerkstatt (Учим немецкий: на станции техобслуживания)